Ocean Freight Rules
Hawaii Auto Transportation will Help!
- Know the laws and regulation of the United States regarding ocean freight shipping;
- Ensure that the company is licensed and bonded moving company;
- Also, ensure that your vehicle is ready for the overseas shipment.
Hawaii Auto Transportation assures that we will handle all aspects of both shipping and safety for you. We will require copies of some documents relating to your vehicle and in some instances may require some documentation to be signed by you, however, our experienced team of car shipping experts will give you accurate details of anything that is required to make sure that your car is shipped without a hassle.
There are some basic requirements that we suggest you familiarize yourself with in advance when shipping a vehicle. So, when the time comes to get your car moving you will understand what are the requirements:
- License document, which should accurately describe the vehicle,
- VIN number (Vehicle Identification Number) which will match the VIN number on the vehicle itself.
For lost driver license cases, please, contact the nearest DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles).
Ocean Transport Intermediaries
What is Ocean Freight Forwarder?
It is an individual or company located in the U.S. which:
- arranges cargo movement
- dispatches shipments from the United States via common carriers and books or otherwise arranges space for those shipments on behalf of shippers
- prepares and processes the documentation and performs related activities pertaining to those shipments
What is Non-Vessel-Operating Common Carrier?
- a common carrier that holds itself out to the public to provide ocean transportation, issues its own house bill of lading or equivalent document and does not operate the vessels by which ocean transportation is provided
- a shipper in its relationship with the vessel-operating common carrier involved in the movement of cargo